The College Success Advisor is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and supervision of day-to-day administrative and programmatic departmental needs. This individual is primarily responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day operations of the College Success Program and in ensuring the achievement of the department’s organizational goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of standard information technologies including Microsoft software (advanced knowledge of Excel preferred), the internet, and database systems.
- Broad and deep understanding of the college admissions process and college graduation requirements.
- Experience hosting webinars and utilizing Skype, Zoom, or other video chat platforms.
- Minimum of three years experience in the educational and/or non-profit sector.
- Knowledge of the IGETC requirements, community college retention programs.
- Knowledge of challenges of community college and four-year college students and understanding of opportunities to help students persist and transcend obstacles.
- Awareness and understanding of underrepresented, first-generation college students is required.
- Broad understanding of financial aid.
- Familiarity with LACCD and other local community colleges and their respective transfer processes.
- Bilingual Spanish/English language skills are extremely desirable.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team.
Education and/or Experience: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or greater in education, sociology, counseling, or a related field; Master’s Degree desired, but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: A current California Driver’s License and current automobile insurance coverage.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk to hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, must be available to work irregular hours, shifts, weekends, holidays. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee will constantly work in indoor/outdoor weather conditions.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.