The Communications and Development Coordinator will support the Director of Communications in the planning, development, and execution of a cost-effective multiplatform marketing communications strategy that highlights the mission and impact of the organization, and the Development team, which leads dynamic year-round fundraising efforts that include special event fundraising, volunteer engagement and management, an annual fundraising campaign, major gift cultivation, and foundation and corporate grantmaking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor.)
- Assist with growing and developing a variety of content for Fulfillment Fund’s external and internal communication channels such as: digital and print, social media channels, marketing programs, and resources that raise awareness of the organization’s mission and programs.
- Provide support to the director with copywriting, and developing communication materials including, but not limited to, annual report, annual donor appeal, email newsletters, brochures, and infographics.
- Solicit, compile, and produce stories for monthly eNewsletter and post relevant blogs on website.
- Create content and provide oversight for social media channels, with a keen ability to communicate key messaging consciously and creatively.
- Assist with designing and editing Fulfillment Fund’s branded materials and publications, while ensuring cross-departmental collaboration on development and communications efforts.
- Help create, develop, and maintain materials on Fulfillment Fund’s website.
- In collaboration with the Director of Events and Development Operations, assist in developing event collateral such as save-the-dates, invitations, programs, tribute journals, advertisements, generating web and social media content, developing speeches, show flows and scripts, and coordinating media coverage, photography and video production, as needed.
- Assist with content creation for program events, including student-facing promotional materials, as well as external supporter-facing content.
- Attend program events and document events through photos and videos. Organize content and photos from team members that will be used for promotion.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications and other Fulfillment Fund leadership.
- Assists with planning, organizing, and promoting the organization’s special internal or external events, supporting the Director of Development Operations and Events:
- Assist in maintaining event planning timelines
- Assist with Sponsor and Donation solicitations
- Assist in event vendor relations
- Support ambitious, year-round fundraising activities, including grant proposal writing and reporting, donor acknowledgment and stewardship, annual giving (direct mail and online) campaigns, major gift cultivation, donor stewardship efforts, and data reporting and analysis.
- Provides administrative support to Development and Communications departments as needed.
- Correspond with donors and other supporters via email, mail, and phone.
- Coordinate meetings with internal and external parties.
- Support data entry, tracking, and management for gifts and donor profiles.
- Prepare donor data for use in stewardship and cultivation efforts.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Exceptional, proactive communication skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to prioritize concurrent projects with a high level of attention to detail.
- Anticipates opportunities and provides solutions beforehand.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team.
- High levels of discretion, sensitivity, and good judgment.
- Excellent project management skills, highly organized, superior attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in use of standard information technologies including Microsoft 365 software (intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preferred), the internet, and Donor Database applications (Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred).
- Proficient in use of Canva and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience hosting webinars and utilizing Zoom or other video chat platforms.
- Experience building social media channels and executing social media strategies for maximum engagement, particularly for mission-driven non-profits or through cause-based marketing.
- Experience with platforms such as WordPress preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English language skills are extremely desirable.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent prior experience.
- One to two years of non-profit communications or fundraising/development experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A current California Driver’s License and current automobile insurance coverage.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk to hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, must be available to work irregular hours, shifts, weekends, and holidays. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee will constantly work in indoor/outdoor weather conditions.
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.